Welcome

Is there going to be a new Super

Red Special guitar related and topics not covered by other subforums.

Is there going to be a new Super

Postby Bke » Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi,

First time poster here, does anyone know if there is a new Super or equivalent official mid range guitar, and any idea when they may be available?

Thanks!!
Bke

Re: Is there going to be a new Super

Postby carrock » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:15 pm

Yes basically. I wrote to Brian May Guitars on the subject. here is the reply

Many thanks for your interest in the Brian May Super guitars.
The 'Super' model, as you know, has been out-of-production. We have been in the process of securing manufacture with a new luthier.
We are well on our way to having prototypes made on the new Super and are now likely to receive the new guitar within the next month or so – early 2012.
Once this is complete we will confirm time frames and prices at www.brianmayguitars.co.uk
The tremolo on the Super is much closer to the original unit on the ‘Old Lady’ – as a matter of interest the latest Special are loaded with a new, improved Wilkinson designed bridge.
As it stands it will only be available in the Classic Antique Cherry Red finish and right handed.
We believe the Super will be well worth the wait - cheers
carrock

Postby Bke » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks for the info - will be interesting to see what they put out!!
Bke

Postby carrock » Wed Jan 25, 2012 4:19 pm

There is also a very good replica made in italy apparently- a CQuadro. Basic red special replica for around 2000 euros

Cheaper than the super by a long way

http://www.cquadroguitarworks.com/RS_Basic_ENG.html
carrock

Postby Bke » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Hadn't heard of them, must look into it.

I was cleaning up a few guitars to sell them including a pretty much stock bmg special. Cleaned, gave it new strings and a bit of a setup, plugged it in and had quite a bit of fun with it, which made me think maybe I do want an rs type guitar in my collection. Something about the bmg I don't quite like, build quality is ok but not great, pickups sound a little thin etc. Going slightly off topic but do you know if upgrading to Adeson pickups makes that big a difference to the bmg special?
Bke

Postby Yuri » Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:59 pm

Cquadro ??? :lol: Proposal indecent . Bke You will, stay away !
Yuri

Postby carrock » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:18 pm

Bke wrote:Hadn't heard of them, must look into it.

I was cleaning up a few guitars to sell them including a pretty much stock bmg special. Cleaned, gave it new strings and a bit of a setup, plugged it in and had quite a bit of fun with it, which made me think maybe I do want an rs type guitar in my collection. Something about the bmg I don't quite like, build quality is ok but not great, pickups sound a little thin etc. Going slightly off topic but do you know if upgrading to Adeson pickups makes that big a difference to the bmg special?

I have a burns( basically same as bmg) and it is very thin in the out of phase settings. Adeson p/ups are a great improvemnt apparently
carrock

Postby basix4 » Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:30 am

Yuri wrote:Cquadro ??? :lol: Proposal indecent . Bke You will, stay away !

Why are you casting negative about CQuadro, Yuri? Have you tried one, have people that own them complained? :( Do you think they are too expensive?
basix4

Next

Return to RS General Discussions